- 3 Tablespoons Newell Original
- 4 cups diced veggies – any mix of carrots, celery, fennel, parsnip, bell pepper, potato, cabbage
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste.
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced with their juices
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 ¼ cup small Black Caviar lentils or French Green Lentils
Garnishes: with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, chopped Italian parsley diced tomatoes and Serve with warm toasty pita bread.
Combine Newell Original, vegetable stock, water, and vegetables to pot or slow cooker. Begin cooking on low heat. Add salt, cumin, coriander, curry powder and tomato paste. After 10 mins, and lentils. Cook for 2-3 hours.
Place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, fresh parsley and fresh diced tomato