|Prep Time:||30 min|
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Newell Pineapple Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- Mixture of 2 tablespoons rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the Salad:
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound thin asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces tofu, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
For the Sauce: Combine all ingredients and heat in skillet for 3 mins. Set aside.
For the Salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is bright green with a tender snap, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water until completely cooled. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with a clean kitchen towel or a double layer of paper towels and shake to dry thoroughly.
Combine asparagus and tofu in a large bowl. Stir dressing and add to taste, tossing to coat vegetables.
Ready to serve.